When digital marketing gets to be a bit much, all you can do is take one step at a time. One of the easiest steps you can take is to set up a Google My Business (GMB) account. GMB is one of the simplest – yet powerful - ways to expose
your business to potential clients. Best part? It’s FREE. Here’s how Google My Business can boost digital marketing for Financial Advisors.
- Website - Making your website easy to find just means more people will click on it. GMB is an easy way to increase traffic to your website. 56% of actions on Google My Business listings are website visits.
- Phone Number - Depending on your clientele/ demographic, some people still prefer calling their financial advisor as opposed to emailing! Providing a number makes it easy for your clients to set up appointments or talk
to you directly. This also helps people to view your business as accessible, which will improve your reputation.
- Hours – One of the top reasons people Google businesses is to see their hours, so let your customers know what days and times they can call or visit. This shows that your business is good at communicating with clients
and as a financial advisor, we all know that communication is key.
- Address - Nearly half of all Google searches are for local businesses. Even in a digital age, plenty of people still prefer face-to-face appointments with financial advisors. Provide an address so clients
can quickly grab directions to visit your office. Plus, Google maps syncs with your Google My Business account to get location directions to users.
- Photos - A GMB account isn’t complete until you add photos. Photos humanize you, making is easier for your clients to form a connection to your business. So, add your logo, picture of your building, and/or your team! Listing with photos are twice as likely to appear reputable.
The reputation of a Financial Advisor is paramount!
In case you need one more reason, Google My Business Listings that are complete get 7x more clicks than incomplete listings.
That’s it! Just five actionable steps to creating and optimizing your Google My Business account to increase local SEO and make you more accessible to your clients, and make you stand out amongst other financial advisors.
Sources: 19 Useful Website Statistics Every Business Should Know (fitsmallbusiness.com)
25 Google Business Profile Stats and Facts That SEO's Must Know (themediacaptain.com)